Makes 1, but easily scalable
- 4 ripe, juicy cherries (Bings are great, but others work too)
- 1-2 tsp. granulated sugar (can alter for sweetness)
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon (I usually favor Maker’s Mark for cocktails – and for everything else – but we work with what we’ve got, these days)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice (lemon works, too)
- Splash of soda
– Muddle 3 of the cherries and the sugar in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
– Fill the shaker halfway with ice. Add the bourbon and lime juice, and shake.
– Strain into a cocktail glass with a few cubes of ice. Add the splash of soda and stir gently. Drop in the last cherry as a garnish, and serve.